Facilitation Skills Workshop, 3 December 2016
This course will provide IRCC members with an overview of their roles and responsibilities as a facilitator. It will also equip them with tips, techniques and the dos and don’ts of facilitation. The IRCC members will be trained as facilitators to lead, guide and enable across different engagements. Facilitation enables the enhancement of interactions between individuals and groups in order to focus on results.
- Learn how to use positive language and framework when there is a need to increase ownership and minimise blame for effective meetings of any type.
- Be equiped with the ability to affirm and deal with the emotions to build self-esteem and confidence necessary for effective facilitation.
- To practise active listening and ask questions to draw the sharing of personal stories from participants in small groups to increase authenticity and engagement during discussion.
- To heighten a sense of awareness of the reality of living in a world with religious and cultural diversity through creation of role play scenarios.
- How to facilitate (positively changing the conversation) diversity-based issues and discussions.
- Introduction and Overview
- 6 types of questioning techniques
- Core Practices Table Exercise
- Role Play (5 types of ‘SIODA’ framework
- Creation and discussion of religious and cultural diversity conflict scenarios
- Reflection and closing circle
- IRCC members
- Representatives from Religious Organisation