Social Media Workshop, 31 Oct 2015
Social Media for Community Relations
The Social Media workshop is a half-day course organised by OnePeople.sg.
Participants will be equipped with the necessary skills and tools to use social media for their community outreach.
Participants will gain a better understanding of the social media landscape, harness the potential of social media tools, and learn crisis communication frameworks in social media.
Objectives of workshop
- Recognise the opportunities, risks and impact of social media in inter-racial / religious issues
- Understand the current trends in social Media with for community relations and management
- Understand the roles, functions and application of social media for community relations and management
- Understand how and why social media crises occur, and managing them
Understanding the social media landscape
- Impact & challenges of social media on inter-racial and religious issues
- Utilising social media engagement for community engagement and crisis management, with an emphasis on Facebook:
- What is a Facebook Page?
- Difference between a Facebook Profile and a Facebook Page?
- Utilising a Facebook page for online engagement.
- Exploring the features and functions of both Facebook Profiles and Pages.
- Learning social media response frameworks
- Case Studies of social media incidents involving inter-racial/religion issues in Singapore e.g. Little India riots, Anton Casey, Amy Cheong
Date: 31 October 2015 (Saturday)
Lunch: 12PM – 1.30PM (Indulge At Park)
Time: 12PM – 5.30PM (Registration begins at 1:15PM)
Venue: Grand Park City Hall
Room: Canning Room (Level 2)
10 Coleman St, Singapore 179809
*Refreshments will be provided during the workshop