Mediation Workshop, 10 September 2016
The Mediation Workshop organised by OnePeople.sg aims to equip community leaders with direct resolutions and facilitation skills in mediating inter-ethnic conflicts. This workshop will help community leaders in developing new set of practical skills to manage conflicts effectively so as to manage differences between residents. This can help reduce disharmony, tension, misunderstandings and stress in the community and neighbourhoods.
- To introduce participants to concepts in mediation
- To provide participants with hands-on experience in mediation
- To improve and professionalise conflict management skills of participants
- To provide participants with opportunities for personal development
- Spectrum of Conflict Resolution
- Participants will be introduced through an activity to help them understand the different ways of resolving conflicts.
- Fundamental Concepts in Interest-Based Conflict Management
- Participants will be introduced to 4 elements. There will be a discussion on how these elements can be applied to the situation faced.
- Stages of Mediation/ A model of Mediation
- Participants will be taken through the various stages of a mediation session based on the model endorsed by the trainer.
- Breaking Impasse
- Participants will be invited to share real-life experiences where they encountered impasse. They will be given practical strategies that they can use to overcome different types of impasse that they are likely to encounter while mediating when faced with racial and religious issues.
IRCC members and Representatives from Religious Organisations