Introduction to Religions – Eastern Religions
Introduction to Religions is a short workshop session aimed to give participants basic awareness and understanding of the ten religions recognized under the Inter-Religious Organisation (Singapore).
The ten religions are Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Sikhism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism and the Bahá’í Faith.
- To increase awareness of religious expression, religious rights and religious sensitivity towards Eastern Religions i.e. Indian-Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism)
- To provide basic and on-the-surface information on the religion, covering topics like the origin, scripture(s), symbols, moral and ethical teachings, dos’s and don’ts, festivals and rites and rituals
- Origins, History and Common Features of Eastern (Indian) Religions i.e. Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism
- Information on types of religious scriptures, worship and religious rites (including food restrictions etc.)
- Systems of Philosophy Developed
- Moral and Ethical Teachings
- Major Festivals/Events
- Q&A Session