Interfaith Dialogue (For Youths), 7 May 2016
Interfaith Dialogue (For Youths)
This seminar aims at fostering religious harmony in Singapore through community participation. It is therefore necessary to expose the participants to some basic knowledge of the concept of ‘public space’ in Singapore. This is crucial in heightening their awareness to some possible causes of religious tension in the community and the country as a whole. The seminar also aims to prepare the participants to pre-empt some of the possible conflicts.
- To promote discussion and dialogue to achieve better understanding and greater consensus towards a desired outcome
- To increase awareness of religious expression, religious rights and religious sensitivity
- To explore the avenues/recourse/principles in handling unresolved issues related to religious harmony in Singapore
- Type of public space in Singapore
- Small group discussion
- Rights to religious expressions:
- What principle do we follow in public space to manage the expression of religious practices/values without impinging on the rights of others?
- Avenues to handle unresolved/unresolveable religious tensions
Youth Members from IRCCs and Religious Organisations