Camp Ignite! 13 – 14 June 2016
In today’s increasingly globalised society, it is important for our younger generation to strengthen cross-cultural understanding and forge friendships beyond their comfort zones. This helps solidify trust between our diverse communities.
Over the years, OPSG has groomed a core group of youth racial harmony ambassadors who has undergone CampTeen: Youth Racial Harmony Ambassadors Programme and are actively volunteering at OnePeople.sg. The Committee Members driving this initiative are made up of entirely youth wing volunteers, comprising 14 Camp Teen Alumni members and a staff mentor from OPSG. All major roles are undertaken by the volunteer planning committee which include programme conceptualisation and implementation, and administration of camp operations such as assigning camp commanders, assistant camp commanders, facilitators and logistics and game coordinators to ensure the smooth running of the Camp. For additional support on facilitation and strengthening safety and security, OPSG will be engaging a certified camp vendor to assist in the camp.
- A deeper sense of appreciation of our multi-cultural society;
- A deeper understanding of the different cultures through the activities and from their newly found friends;
- Stronger understanding of the values in the VIA framework and a possible action plan to champion racial and religious harmony in their schools.
- to create a platform for youths of different races, religions and nationalities to build camaraderie and forge new friendships;
- to enhance appreciation and understanding of the different cultures and religions in Singapore;
- to enhance students’ social competencies in a diverse multi-racial environment
- to inspire students to demonstrate Values in Action (VIA)